Tips For Long And Thick Hair In Ayurveda – Vigorous Herbs
Everyone wants to have strong, healthy and shiny hair . Hair is a symbol of beauty and an indicator of health. Hair color is considered a symbol of youth . Now repeated use of chemicals for hair washing, hair conditioner and various hairstyles, damages the hair. Chemical treatments and procedures are responsible for damaging hair roots, scalp skin and making hair drier, brittle, and gray in color.
Hair type and organic or prakru type
Knowing one’s own constitution ( prakrut) according to Ayurveda will help a person to take care of their hair with some of the special methods mentioned in the treatment with Ayurveda panchakarma .
The information in this table helps to identify the personal hair type based on the characteristics of the hair.
|Hair||dry, rough, finely curly||Soft, premature graying, baldness||baldness Thick, oily, soft|
|Amount of hair||way||thin||thick|
|Hair color||Light brown, dark brown, black||Golden brown, ginger brown, brown, strawberry red, blonde, dark blonde||Dark brown, black, pale blonde, ash blonde|
- Wad hair and Pita hair need coconut oil / sesame oil at least three times a week. Head massage can be done at the end of the evening and the hair washed in the morning
- Type Café requires oil massages once or twice a week, several hours before bathing. Any type of cooking oil can be used for the type of coffee. Mustard oil used for head massage for type of coffee
- Using a hairdryer damages Pete’s hair , so this practice is not recommended.
Hair should be washed with cold water temperature . In summer, it can be washed with water at room temperature. Never wash your hair in hot water as this damages the skin and nerve roots. The habit of washing your hair in hot water is one of the most common causes of hair loss and premature graying of hair.
Repeated use of strong chemical shampoo should be avoided. Choose a herbal shampoo instead of a chemical shampoo, washing the hair with water made from amla fruit is the best option as a washing solution to prevent hair loss and premature graying of the hair.
- The method of preparing a solution for washing hair with amla is 20 grams of dry powder or dried amla fruits boiled in 2 liters of water for 5 minutes. The filtered solution is used to wash the hair
- Always apply a little oil on your head before washing your hair. You can use any type of cold pressed head massage oil
- It is not advisable to comb wet hair to damage the roots
- Avoid using hair gels
Herbal hair mask
Henna hair mask is the best mask for shiny hair and hair conditioner.
Takradhara – a procedure for pouring medicinal buttermilk on the patient’s forehead. Pita’s imbalanced energy is the main cause of premature hair loss.
Tacadara is useful for treating hair problems due to Pita disorder. It cures premature hair loss and premature graying of hair. Shirodara with healing soothing pita oils such as amla oil, edible oil, himasagar oil can be done according to Dosha involved in growing long thick hair.
Nasya is designed to clean the head area . The excess bodily secretions accumulated in the sinuses, throat, nose or head are removed with Nasya. Daily use of anu taylam for Nasya will help keep the hair in top condition for the rest of life.
Basti (therapeutic enema)
The medicinal enema helps a lot in maintaining the health of the hair because it improves digestion in the intestine . The small intestine is the cause of hair problems.
Important herbs for the growth of long, thick hair
Sesame oil is the best massage oil for the head. It is the base oil of many medicinal oils used in Ayurveda. Massaging the scalp and hair roots is a great way to reduce hair loss and hair growth in a natural way.
The seeds can be eaten after dry roasting. First thing in the morning, a handful of sesame seeds, followed by a glass of tap water, is a great food for the hair.
Amla (Embelica officinalis)
- Amla is rich in vitamin C and is an excellent Ayurvedic treatment for hair growth. Amla can be used in several ways both internally and externally
- Eating one fruit a day is the best practice because it can correct metabolism, flush out toxins and is one of the best rejuvenating drugs , especially for hair.
- Coconut oil, treated with fresh amla juice, can be used for scalp massage or one can use different hair oils available with amla.
- Amla can also be used to stimulate hair growth by drinking 30 ml. fresh amla juice every day
- Amla powder is a great addition to hair masks
Blingaraj (Eclipta alba)
This herb is also called “King of Hair” (Kesha raj) and is one of the best natural remedies for hair growth.
Bringaraj powder can be added to hair products to maintain color, reduce hair loss, and promote hair growth.
One can apply bingaraj paste on the scalp , leave on for half an hour, then wash the hair or massage the scalp with bingaraj oil before applying twice a week with herbal shampoo . Internal use of bringaraj extract 500 mg twice daily is also recommended along with external use. It can be used as a hair regenerator.
Brahmi is one of the best herbs for the treatment of stress . It strengthens the brain and is a very good nervous tonic used in Ayurveda as a sedative . Stress is one of the main causes of early hair loss. Massage your hair and scalp with oil gates to keep the pie resting or use powder to cool hair masks.
Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
Jatamansi roots look like long thick hair and that is why they are used. Helps to achieve good hair growth. It is good for purifying the blood and the liver so that by removing impurities in the blood it gives you a brilliant tint. You can take jatamansi Ghana (extract) 500 mg. twice a day for best results.